I'll start with Saturday Snapshots entry then go to the Main Event post. Lolz. To participate in Saturday Snapshots meme hosted by Alyce @ at home with books, post a photo that you ( or a friend or a family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post at her site. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos you find online.
|The glow sticks and every light source inside the venue make interesting squiglies|
Highlights of the concert:
- Nicky shared to the audience what the hotel receptionist said to him when they checked in. Nicky: I grew up listening to their songs way back when I was in grade school!"The crowd exploded in cheer. Nicky: "Now I feel old."
- Shane imitated a Pinoy enthusiastic fan. Shane: Hello ....(he screams complete with a giddy expression on his face!) The audience love it! He was so adorably comedic (even if we all knew he has kid already) for doing it.
- Kian sang Mandy in acapella to his lucky fan up on stage with him (when Wesltife chose lucky fans respectively). It was so great to hear Kian's baritone in the semi-hush crowd.
- Kian: ..." oh Mandy
- Well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
- And I need you today, oh Mandy
I'm standing on the edge of time
I Walked away when love was mine
Caught up in a world of uphill climbing
The tears are in my mind
And nothing is rhyming, oh Mandy
- Nicky read the banner sign made by his fan, "Nicky I want twins lend me your genes!" What a hoot.
- Mark forgot bits of his "impromtu" dialogue. Bless him. Mark: I'm still feeling the jet-lag. It's brutal.
- I got a wave back from Shane and Nicky! I still consider IT since it was in OUR direction. Lolz. I love my glow stick!
- The Manila Mexican Wave taken by Nicky!
- Nicky and Kian vidding the audience *tingle*
- Shane song-adlib-ing! I luv it when he does it! It gave the songs a richer and fresher sound!
- Westlife brought their A-game and showed with quaint choreography steps. Wait, before you all fell off your seats, it's not like the moves from Step Up movies. It was more of like heel -toe touch, touch/turn to the left tap-tap-tap, turn around in unison, which was so great to watch (from afar) etc.
- Mark and Shane showcased a higher range in their singing.
Those are my highlights and I think I've forgotten some.
|Westlife on stage! A sold out concert|
The lads singing to "When You're Looking Like That" and the crowd raised the roof!
In my excitement I forgot to increase the zoom of my camera to its limit! When I did though, parts of the song weren't recorded and I unwittingly cut at the part where the lads did their dance steps to save battery life.
Since I missed part of their dance steps, I made sure I could get bits more it! Facing the stage, Nicky's on my left followed my Mark, Shane, and Kian!
At end of "When She's Looking That" where Mark greeted Manila and received a screaming welcome! I just love that the TV cam caught his reaction to it! Again, when I zoomed, the parts of what Mark said weren't recorded.
I apologize for the technical difficulty at the beginning of this vid. I don't know why the cam decided to go out of focus that I missed portions of the song intro. The intro was rearranged and it was great! I remedied it by zooming out then zoomed back in. The lads singing "World of Own".
Okay, I'll briefly end my account here just so I can get to the next vids. I've decided to break the account over several days so it won't get too long. This makes the experience last just little longer.'☺
Update: Installment 2